Monday, August 15, 2011

Almost there! 46.5% DONE!

Wow, so it has almost been a year since my last post. Life sure got crazy!! But crazy in a great way! :)


Baby Natalie Jane was born on 12/14/10 weighing in at 7 lbs. 15 oz. and was 21.5 inches long. My goodness, how time flies when you are having fun!!! I just love this little girl to bits! She has filled my life with such happiness and love. (along with her papa, of course!) Here she is!! My mini!!!! (It is now so painfully obvious how long it has been since my last update since the last picture of her that posted was her 19 week ultrasound!)


Anyway, obviously life has changed a bit, so I went through and cleaned up my list. There were a few items that were on my original personal list, but once I decided to make it public, I changed a few. Well, I decided that it's time to be honest with myself and give myself credit for items accomplished even if it was of a very personal nature.


Even though I've been "away" from my blog, no worries...... I've been keeping up my end of the deal. I have been checking things off left and right! :)


Ok, so here goes the update~!!!


14. Add chair rail in dining room



15. Paint the kitchen


16. Sand and repaint the cabinets


I am so happy that these are done! I have wanted this (at least the kitchen) since the first day I walked into my house as a potential buyer. My first response? "if we buy this house, the kitchen has to be fixed" well, five years later, it finally happened!! Below are the before and after pics!





On the topic of home renovations, here is another great one:
17. Redo the Driveway


Again, before and after! :)




Moving on from home improvements,

23. Host three dinner parties with at least five people present (1/3)--- we had the Murphys and the Szczukas over for a couples night.

32. Scrapbook 30 pages (one a month)- (17/30) Thanks to my friend Rachel, I am readdicted to scrapbooking. :) I have gotten through scrapbooking my pregnancy all the way to the hospital visits. LOTS more to go and lots to catch up on, but I'll take any kind of progress! :)


I am so happy that two of my wishes off of my "personal" list came true! :)

37. Get married (or at least engaged)-- Married the most wonderful friend, father and husband. Honestly, this man is best thing that could have ever happened to me. :) Here is a picture of me and my Matthew!


38. Have a baby-  YAY!!!!!!




40. Visit three friends – go to their city (2/3) and 44. Take a completely impulsive, spur of the moment road trip.we recently went to Washington DC to visit my friends Chelsea (and her hubby!) to see their new home and puppy and my friend Joe. :)

49. Go to a farmers market three times (4/3)--- this one was already accomplished, but I've taken this one to an extreme lately! I joined a local, organic co-op! So I get fresh, local, organic veggies and fruits delivered to me every week!! It's amazing!!  Check it out for your self! Here is a pic of last week's delivery!



65. learn to cook baby food-- Yup, I'm making all of Natalie's food! :) I just love cooking, so why not cook for my little one too? I enjoy knowing exactly what goes into her food and it's a great way to use the veggies from the farm co-op! :) I also like knowing that it was made with lots of "vitamin Ai" as my mother would say. "Ai" is Japanese for love. <3


76. Watch 30 documentaries (one a month) (17/30)-- I'm seeing a trend here.....lol!
-Food Matters
-Fat, sick and Nearly Dead
-Fat Head
-Fast food Nation


79. See 101 new movies (109/101)--- guess I can stop counting! :)

-The Guardian
-127 Hours
-Burlesque
-Twighlight Eclipse
-Black Swan
-The Hurt Locker
-Gran Torino
-Date night
-Love and other drugs
-You again
-Despicable me
-Taken
-Bride Wars
-Back to the Future I
-Back to the Future II
-Back to the Future III
-Twighlight New Moon
-Brothers
-Chaos Therory
-Easy A


100. Write down my favorite part of the day, every day.  An example of my journal of favorite moments---


August 14, 2011~
Natalie’s 8 month birthday! My favorite thing about today? Lying in bed after being woken up from a two hour nap by Natalie and Matt. We all lay in bed and Matt and I took turns kissing Natalie’s face and tickling her. The sound of her giggling and her full belly laugh as Matt was blowing raspberries on her neck is something I never want to forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment